That this organisation shall be called “HIV Trainees Club”.
That this organisation shall consist of Chairman and Committee representing all regions and including one member from each year of the SpR/ST3+, in addition to ordinary members. Committee Members are all volunteers, elected and receive no financial remuneration for their time.
That the object of the organisation shall be to represent the interests of specialist trainees in infectious diseases and GU medicine.
That the aims of the organisation shall be:
- to provide an opportunity for members meetings for both educational and social purposes;
- to foster relations with other organisations (e.g. BHIVA, BASHH, BIA) which are involved in the education and training of the membership, and with trainees amongst other disciplines who are involved in HIV care;
- to provide a forum for members to discuss matters related to training and the transition to future posts.
Rules of Procedure
- The minimum number of members on the committee shall be 8.
- The number of committee members necessary for a quorum shall be 4.
- The committee shall meet at least twice in the year.
- Election of chairman and committee:
Election of chairman
Candidates will be proposed from within the committee and members will be notified in advance of nominations and asked to vote.In the event of a tie, the out-going chairman will be authorised to use his casting vote. The first appointed chairman will serve for a period of 18 months, and thereafter for one year only.
Election of committee
Nominations for each region from the membership will be sought in advance and nominees will be notified prior to the annual general meeting. If only one applicant should apply to represent a region, they will automatically go forward to the AGM for endorsement by members. If no nominations are received for a region by the closing date, then applicants will be sought at the AGM, and voting will be by secret ballot.
The regions to be represented are: London/S.East; Scotland/NI; N East; N. West; Midlands; S.West/Wales. If after election of regional representatives, Year 1 of the specialist trainee grade, is not represented on the committee, nominations will be invited from the floor at the time of the AGM and a show of hands will be requested.
A committee member, on taking up the post, should:
- a) undertake to attend at least one committee meeting and one of the Club’s meetings in the course of the year. If the member fails to meet this requirement, their position on the committee would be terminated;
- b) the length of service on the committee is a maximum of 3 years, but if no candidate comes forward for that region at the end of this term, then the incumbent could remain on the committee for a further year (when the vacancy would be advertised again).
These are the regions to be represented
|Wales, South West Peninsula and Severn|
|ST3 representative (South West Peninsula and Severn)|
|East and West Midlands|
|North East and Yorks/Humber|
|East of England|
|Infectious Diseases representative (South West)|
Rules of Membership
Membership of HIV Trainees Club will include:
- Doctors in training who hold an NTN or LAT post in infectious diseases and GUM.
Membership should terminate at the end of the Annual General Meeting following consultant appointment.